W. 95 x H. 19 x D. 95 cm
Design Hans Hopfer
An uninhibited and audacious designer, Kenzo Takada, “the most Parisian of Japanese designer”, has created a unique and exceptional collection of fabrics and ceramics for Roche Bobois.
To ‘dress' the Mah Jong modular sofa, Takada took inspiration from ancient kimonos used in the Noh Theatre, re-interpreting their patterns and colours to create fine and sophisticated harmonies symbolising the 3 times of the day: Asa (morning), Hiru (midday), Yoru (evening). ...
Composition per elements upholstered in fabrics designed by Kenzo Takada, No Gaku collection. Endless combinations, including seat cushions (L.95 x D.95 x H.19 cm) and straight and corner backs (H.53 cm).
All elements are padded and stitched by hand. Optional adjustable backs with manual mechanism, and small cushions available. Hand-made stitching in wax thread, col. White.
Manufactured in Europe
Composition (cushions not included) shown in No Gaku fabric, HIRU collection (mid-day:
- 1 seat cushion with straight back in MUGARA 56 velvet
– 1 seat cushion with straight back in TATE 156 fabric
– 1 seat cushion with corner back in HANAWA 156 fabric
– 1 seat cushion in MUGARA 53 velvet
– 1 seat cushion with back in KOSODE 156 fabric
– 1 seat cushion with back in MUGARA 57 velvet
– 1 panoramic seat cushion in KAME 156 fabric
– 1 seat cushion with back in MUGARA 61 velvet
– 1 seat cushion in HAWANA 156 fabric
– 1 seat cushion in ICHIMATSU 156 fabric